Don’t bother to deny it. You’re in that space where good enough is just fine. You know you are, and deep down you know that you’ve been heading in that direction for a while now.
Look back to when you started. Remember the passion, the excitement? The desire and determination to get it absolutely right. Somehow, over time, you’ve lost that drive. You’ve drifted to a place where you just do enough. But you really know that it’s not enough, don’t you?
It Can Happen To All Of Us
How did this happen to you? Why can’t you see it? The fact is, it can happen to the best of us when we take our eyes off the prize. You join the race to mediocrity when:
- You don’t constantly improve your skills
- You think your work is good enough even though you know it could be better
- You don’t learn from your mistakes
- You accept second best customer care from a restaurant (or shop, hotel, supplier, employee etc.)
- You don’t stand up for your right to be heard
- You don’t develop yourself
- You stop working on keeping your attitude right
- You think you are an expert instead of a student
- You stop looking at the horizon for new challenges
- You think the rules of the game will never change
- You stop wanting success
- You think you’re not supposed to be happy
- You start wishing instead of doing
The Next Step
Got it yet? You’re racing to mediocrity and unless you decide to stop right now, you’ll get there. Remember your passion to be the best. Take your time, it may have been a long time ago. Then take the decision you know you need to take. You know the rest.